Global EMC testing and environmental simulation tests for vehicles and their sub-assemblies
Vehicles, and their sub-assemblies, must undergo approval testing at the time of their market launch (see E-Mark). Nonetheless, the term “qualification” is often used with reference to testing campaigns carried out in the context of a specification that an ordering party requires its supplier to follow.
The safety of drivers and their passengers, as well as the performance of equipment in relation to environmental constraints, are therefore subject to extremely exhaustive test specifications. Testing campaigns take account of requirements concerning shock, vibration, humidity, hot, cold, etc., and also in terms of electromagnetism in order to ensure the compatibility of different equipment items or take account of natural phenomena (lightning, electrostatic discharges, etc.), and meet specific requirements for safety equipment (high level of RF immunity, ...).
The qualification of a vehicle or one of its sub-assemblies is intended to validate that it will function as expected with respect to the requirements defined in its life profile. In the field of transport, the levels of requirements are set by climatic environments, rolling surfaces,... Electrical and electronic subassemblies are also subjected to electrical and electromagnetic compatibility testing, with high requirements for safety equipment.
In this context, the Emitech Group operates as
- a third-party company guaranteeing the independence of the testing campaign
- an expert in the environmental testing field to clarify or specify the requirements, tests and the interpretation of the results
- laboratories in complementary fields of activity allowing for the coordination and performance of most or indeed all of the tests required by a specification.
Outstanding, complementary resources for a comprehensive approach to your EMC and environmental simulation testing campaigns
Our test facilities specific to automotive qualifications represent the biggest accommodation capacity on the market in terms of:
- our ability to conduct numerous testing campaigns simultaneously (180 campaigns in all fields)
- our ability to adapt to your time constraints by offering flexible working arrangements: in two eight-hour shifts and on Saturdays.
- our range of services incorporates equipment and resources dedicated to the most specific requirements (system cages, roller dynamometer, a voluminous acoustic chamber, 105 kN vibrators, 93 m3 chamber and hydraulic equipment using different fluids)
Standards and specifications (not exhaustive list)
- CISPR 12 / CISPR 25 - equivalent SAE J551/2 / SAE J551/4
- ISO 11451/(1 to 4) - equivalent SAE J551/1, SAE J551-11, SAE J551-12, SAE J551-13
- ISO 7637 (1 to 3) - equivalent SAE J1113/1, SAE J1113/11, SAE J1113/12
- ISO 11452-1 - SAE J1113/1, ISO 11452-2 - SAE J1113/21, ISO 11452-3 - SAE J1113/24, ISO 11452-4 - SAE J1113/4, ISO 11452-5 - SAE J1113/23, ISO 11452-6, ISO 11452-7 - SAE J1113/3, ISO 11452-8 - SAE J1113/22, ISO 11452-9, ISO 11452-10 - SAE J1113/2 and ISO 11452-11 - SAE J1113/28
- ISO 10605 - equivalent SAE J1113/13, J551/15
- ISO 13766
- ISO 14982
- EN 50498
- ECE Regulation 10 (see E-mark)
- ISO 16750
- IEC 60 068-2-x: -1, -2, -5, -6, -14, -27, -30, -38, -52, -64, -74, -78 and others
- ISO 20653
- B21 7110
- B21 7120
- B21 7130
- B25 1140
- B33 2230
- B39 6120
- C00 1000
- D14 1428
- D17 1058
- D45 1234
- D47 1309
- D47 1924
- GENERAL MOTORS
- LAND ROVER
- NISSAN - RENAULT/NISSAN
- Cas New Holland
- JOHN DEERE
- Electric field strengths of 10 kHz to 18 GHz
- up to 400 V/m in CW
- up to 600 V/m (Radar pulses)
- Magnetic fields DC - 200 kHz
- Bulk Current injection (B.C.I.)10 kHz - B GHz
- Stripline 50 Ω and 90 Ω
- AM, FM, pulse and combined modulations
DC measurements at 18 GHz:
- Current clamps 10 Hz - 1 GHz
- Magnetic field antennas (20 Hz - 30 Mhz)
- Electric field antenna (10 kHz - 18 GHz)
- Temporal analysis (DC - 500 Mhz)
- Electrical behaviour tests type ISO 7637 and ISO 16750
- Pulse ISO7637 (1, 1bis, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 5a and 5b…) :
- Coupling clamp ISO 7637-3
- Pulse 4 and 4bis, pulse from restart, arbitrary waveforms, …
- Micro breaks.
- Climatic chamber -40°C to +110°C.
- Sub-transient voltage and specific waveforms, direct injection or coupling
- Power cuts (200 A)
- Low-frequency immunity for power supply (100 A)
- Testing for continuous networks
- Up to 30 kV (C = 150 pF, 330 pF, 500 pF, ... and R = 330 Ω, 2 kΩ, 500 Ω, 5 kΩ, ...)
- Radiated emissions as per CISPR 12 (measurements from 3 or 10m) and CISPR 25 from 150 kHz to 2.4 GHz (antenna method)
- Radiated immunity : ISO 11451-2 up to 200 V/m, from 10 kHz to 18 GHz
- Additional features to optimise our services:
- Test bench with 4 rollers for light or utility vehicle (2 or 4-wheel drive, ABS and ESP cycles, max. 100 km/h, etc.)
- Robot for operating vehicle pedals
- Number: 8
- Usable volume: 0.4 to 13 m3
- Automated cycles (salt spray, drying, moist heat)
- Number: 6
- Temperature: -70 to +190 °C
- Transfert time: under 10 s
- Software control
- Usefull dimension (mm): 790 x 740 x 850
- Number: 60
- Usefull volume: from 0,1 to 93m3
- Temperature range: -70 to +650 °C
- Rapid temperature variations: 20 °C/min
- Humididy: from 10 to 100 % Hr
focus on our
- Number: 6
- Temperature range: -70 to +150 °C
- Rapid temperature variations: 20 °C/min
- Humididy: from 20 to 100 % Hr
- Software control, remote alarms
- Usefull dimension (mm): 1200 x 1200 x 1200
- Number: 35
- Frequency: 3 to 3000 Hz
- Force: 7 to 105 kN
- Displacement: 300 mm
- Table simensions (mm): 1500 x 1500
- Number: 12
- Frequency: 0 to 300 Hz
- Force: 200 kN
- Displacement: 300 mm
- Table simensions (mm): 3000 x 3000
- Number: 8
- Max mass: 1 t
- Table simensions (mm): 800 x 800
- Number: 2
- Altitude testing from 5000 feet to 100,000 feet (10 mBar).
- Overpressure tests can be carried out up to 1 relative bar or 2 absolute bar.
- Number: 1
- Usefull dimension (mm): 1m3
- Wind: adjustable speed from 2.4 to 25 m/s (on a 1m² section)
- Humidity: regulated to be less than 30% Hr
- Temperature: 23°C to 70°C
- Concentration sand and dust: 0 and 10 g/m3.
- Fluid contamination
- Sun exposure
- Solar rays
- Cooling, Icing
- Fire testing
- Mould and fungus control
- Static mechanical testing up to 1500kN
- Rotation speed
- Micro power cuts
- Thermal imaging
- Laser Doppler Vibrometer
- Warping and physical pressures
- 6 oil systems: 1 to 75 l/min, 10 to 250 bar, -20 to 130°C
- 4 glycol benches: 8 to 14 m3/h, 3 bar, -40°C à +135°C
- 2 Skydrol units: 1 to 9 l/min, 450 bar
- 4 injection systems: 10 to 525 bar
- Auxiliary equipment: 50 kW oil heater, 700 bar hand pumps...
- 1 pressure / decompression test bench: 0,1 to 2 barA
- 5 pressure / decompression chambers
- 3 air heaters 200 to 300°C – 1 x 650 kW fuel burner
- 5 x 650°C air heaters, 600°C heat chamber, 454°C / 60 bar valves ...
- Cyclic pressure
- Cyclic flow
- Cyclic temperature
- Circulation at controlled temperatures
- Burst resistance pressure
- Stress tests
- Pulse testing
- Power loss
- Rotary flexure
- Combined temperature, vibration and pressure tests
- All types of specialist testing on request
Our PVT bench, which went into service in 2018, is an additional piece of equipment to the existing ones. It performs three types of stresses: in cyclic pressure, vibration and temperature in a climatic chamber. It is dedicated to all types of vehicle engine assembly such as cooling circuits, hoses and pumps. This versatile bench accepts very wide test ranges to meet the specifications of the main car manufacturers.
The climatic values of the new PVT bench from -40°C to + 140°C for the fluid (a mixture of Glycol and water), and from -40°C to +175°C for the outside temperature are combined with a static or cyclic pressure between 0 and 5 bar.
The flow rate of this test bench can reach 15 m³/h allowing 6 to 8 specimens to be tested simultaneously according to the requirements of the different reference standards.
The vibration spectrum covered ranges from a travel of up to 50 mm peak to peak to a random profile of up to 27g RMS.
The combination of all these test parameters allows us to propose new, very complete campaigns, carried out in a single step. As the parameters are set to accept those of the main car manufacturers, the start of campaigns is fast, their frequency is thus fluidized; and waiting times for their completion are considerably reduced.
- Volume: 1140 dm3
- Temperature: -100 à +200 °C
- Rapid temperature variation: up to 60°C/min
- random and omni-axial
- frequency range 10 to 10000 Hz
- maximum acceleration: 60 gRMS
Meeting the very latest reliability requirements.
At the design stage, maximise the robustness of your products by exploring the limits of their functionality and structural integrity.
In the manufacturing phase, eliminate underlying faults and optimise your fabrication processes and supply chains.
- Dimension: 10 m x 6 m x 7 m (LxlxH)
- Useful volume: 420 m3
- Cut-off frequency at 50 Hz
- Background noise below 18 dB(A)
- Max height 4 m
- Controlled temperature and humidity
- 96 simultaneous inputs
- Test bench with 4 independent rollers 4x2 or 4x4 (Wheelbase: 1.70m to 3.70m; Track: 0.90m to 2.10m, 240 km/h , 2t / axle)
- 3 reverberation test chambers
- Useful Volume: 200, 204 et 250 m3
- Resonance frequency below 250 Hz
- Background noise below 23 dB(A) from 100 Hz to 20 kHz
- Large chamber connected to the semi-anechoic chamber
- Overall pink noise level of 120 dB
- Small cabin,
- Alpha cabin, impedance tube...
- Electrodynamic shaker for noise testing subject to vibrations...
- 1 psychoacoustic room dedicated to listening and sound design
- Modal analysis (vehicle size portal)
Support for all stages of your projects
Developing a programme of equipment without first taking account of qualification-related requirements could more than double its cost.
We provide our consulting and engineering services at all stages of your projects, from delivering training for all your teams through to researching and drafting specific documents, along with design assistance.
- Project management
- Onboard measurements and customisation of tests (GLYPHWORKS)
- Assistance with design, approvals of technologies, test virtualisation
- Fatigue damage design (DESIGNLIFE)
- EMC design and simulation (CST MICROWAVE)
- Static and dynamic structural design (ANSYS)
- Drafting of test specifications and qualification plans
- Design/performance of fastening tooling
Our analyses, engineering activities and simulations round off our range of tests to offer you a comprehensive service delivered as part of a strategy targeting consistency and optimised costs and time frames.